Technical Professionals Needed for MA Boards and Commissions

Type:  General 

Build your experience by serving on a public Board or Commission. Your Views Matter: Stand up for public policy issues important to you as a professional and as a citizen. Governor Baker is seeking candidates for a number of public boards and commissions.


For Massachusetts residents who meet certain technical requirements and can avoid conflicts of interest:  Apply for an appointment to a Massachusetts Board or Commission & Serve.


Serving on a Public Board/Commission Resources:


Job Descriptions and some current openings 

Current Openings on Certain Public Boards Include:

  • 1 PE: Designer Selection Board (DSB)
  • 1 PE (Electrical),1 PE (Fire Protection),1 PE (Chemical): Board of Registration of PEs & PLSs
  • 1 PE: Board of Building Regulations & Standards (BBRS)
  • 1 Architect (RA) for Board of Registration of Architects
  • Architectural Access Board (Retired or part-time people, due to time commitment): several openings
  • 1 UMass Grad with technical background: UMass Building Authority
  • 2 At Large (PE, etc.): MA State College Building Authority

Several openings: Public Members on other Boards of Registration

Background Check Paperwork:

Contact Abbie Goodman with Questions